New Layout

Lynn: Great modeling and interesting structures. The finish product once the scenery is completed will be outstanding and of the highest quality!!!

How does your track cleaning car perform?

Thanks.

Greg

Thanks guys for the nice comments.
Greg the CMX car works great and the way it is sitting on the track with the 2 junker engines is exactly how I run it, I use two engines so when they cross a bad spot and one looses contact then the other engine pushes/pulls the other through. Once the cmx has made it around once the two engines smooth out.

Lynn: Great progress on your layout. Here's a suggestion for a new trestle Number Three.

th

Just a weekend project for a guy with your trestle building talents.

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Greg

This is what I'm thinking Tony, removing the crossover track behind the wharf and reconnecting further to the left
LBHPVnA.jpg

Nope, I would be removing the dark rail you added completely, basicly it would be a loop to loop. I want space to have more buildings behind the wharf structures. The right corner is another option as it is a very deep corner and would work for a built up terrain and building. I would then have to move the wharf toward the corner, nothing is written in stone yet Tony.

This is of course all part of trackplanning, you get maybe 2 or 3 sections of the plan the way you're happy with and modifications have to be done to another.

Lynn,

Ahh, now I see/understand where you are/might be going. I like the idea you have for the top right corner, having a structure or two overlooking the layout looks great I think.

This is of course all part of trackplanning, you get maybe 2 or 3 sections of the plan the way you're happy with and modifications have to be done to another.

Tell me about it. That's what I did with the last plan of mine and more or less the new one. I like the right hand side of my new plan and pretty much designed everything else to fit in with it. Now I am looking at my top left hand side and wondering if I couldn't run a spur or another track through there with an industry of sort on it.

Anything’s possible Tony, only difference between my changes and your changes is my layout is already together.

Bailey's Produce is complete

Attachments

• dec 30 update 1.JPG
    dec 30 update 1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 354
  • dec 30 update 2.JPG
    dec 30 update 2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 242
  • dec 30 update 3.JPG
    dec 30 update 3.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 230
  • dec 30 update 4.JPG