New Layout for LASM

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

I enjoy traveling the back roads of Central Wisconsin and I'm amazed at what I find like old bridges, structures and how Mother Natural takes over in time. We stopped for lunch in a small town on the way to the cabin and the buildings on main street are dated from the late 1800's and are still in great condition while the newer buildings are already show signs of age and need repairs.

I toured an old SOO Line depot last year and the interior is almost like it was in the 1800's and shows little wear and tear.

Near my home there's an old turntable pit but no signs of an engine house or other buildings.

On one road trip I discovered an abandoned town with no signs of any businesses in any of the buildings, just vacant store fronts and empty filling stations. Just a couple of homes with people living in them.

Greg

logandsawman

Patrick and Greg, interesting thoughts, thanks for commenting! I got the first little building for the module ready, looks "cute" I don't mind saying

IMG_0595.jpg

here shows the tar paper ready to go on. I used a fork to make some nail indentations (probably doesn't show up well) and ended up using gorilla glue to get to adhere, for some reason the elmers mix did not work. They are scale 3' wide and here I am checking them. It is paper towel with the flat black spray paint.

IMG_0596.jpg

Here is the whole thing, with windows and chimney from Tichy. They have the most reasonable postage and ship quickly as well. For model railroad stuff they are great!

Here is the closeup. Look back in the posts to see the photograph I was copying.

IMG_0598.jpg

Pretty much it for this building. I will be using kits for the depot, from the NPRHA I found most of the other buildings for this project. They should get here next week.

THANKS for viewing, Dave

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com