New Layout for LASM

I'm not going to dwell on what was, I'm thinking of what will be next!

Now you can lay in bed before going to sleep and dream of the next project. I love doing that and I know you do to.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope the job is even better than expected. if not at least the pay checks clear :)

God be with you my friend!

Thanks, 2869; sorry but I don't have a name to go with the number.

There is no reason why a hump yard cannot be smoothly operating. I have 3 videos on how I constructed mine, this one is the latest.

-If you have room I would recommend the powered uncoupler rather than the magnets under the track. The under the track ones sometimes do not activite the couplers.

-Ideally having about 3 feet or more for the car storage.

- a slight decline just beyond the uncoupler could allow really ideal action. Mine was pretty much level then sloped down, so I had to push the cars a little to get them to the slope.

[video=youtube;Re_OWqqt2hs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re_OWqqt2hs[/video]

If you have the time, watch all the videos about building the hump yard. I know there are others on youtube but I cannot vouch for them.

Hi, This video shows the operation with steel wheeled freight cars that roll very easily, also an adaptation so the very easy rolling wheels do not go off the end:

[video=youtube;u1WIX55M130]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WIX55M130[/video]

Hi Guys and Merry Christmas!

I have a closeup of the best bear on my layout along with the NP GP-18
which has undergone some experimental weathering

A grizzly bear.jpg

Some of you have asked about the new job. There are good days and days which are not as good. The set of challenges are altogether different from what I have experienced in the past.

I get my meals provided and it is 4 days on and 3 days off. A couple of the nicer perks.

Glad that the job is working out for you. Different challenges can make a job interesting. A four day work week isn't bad at all. When I was a state trooper we worked the four day week and it was really nice. Thanks for stopping in. Say hi to the folks in the coffee shop some time.

Thanks, Chet; will do. Here are a couple new photos, one is the log load; logs here were made from goldenrod, the common week; and the second shot is the SW-12 switcher:

log load.jpg

SW 12 switcher.jpg

David I hope you are having a Merry Christmas season, it's not over until after January 6th in my house.
I send Tidings of Great Joy and Hope for a Prosperous New Year for you and your family, all of our railroad family. God Bless Us EVERYONE!

Seeing that Grizzly hangin' on to that tree, and knowin' he's been there a long time, makes me wonder. How much can a grizzly bear?

LOUIS, Thanks for the Greeting! TOOT--Clever ;); I attached a couple new pics of the old town area also coming out of the tunnel:

town1.jpg

tunnel1.jpg

A couple new pics of the old layout, scene around the coal tower with pond in foreground, coming around the curve with equipment shed on the side:

coal tower3.jpg

comin around the curve.jpg

Here is a photo of my gravel extraction area and the log jammer on the end of the logging spur.

The jammer is scratch built from a photo, and the gravel area is stocked with Woodlands Scenics truck and machinery.

excavating.jpg

_MG_5561.jpg

Thanks, guys, for checking out my photos. Here is the NP GP 18 coming out of the tunnel, also my Mantua 060 which is an old model which runs pretty well and is a good one to practice weathering on:

GP18 tunnel.jpg

Mantua 060.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Here is a pic of the kit built control tower, I sent the wires for the lighting up from the electrical box included in the kit, also have power lines running into the shack. I notice a coal bin was included, however on afterthought wonder what the coal is for, maybe there should have been a small smokestack added?

Not to mention the guys boning up on their fiddle and banjo:

Control Tower.jpg

Here is a pic from the edge of the town, showing where the stream empties out of the layout. The backdrop transitions into a new scene at the back center of this photo.

The abutments for the small crossing are carved from wood and painted. The water is envirotec.

edge of town.jpg

Back