New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Had another couple of vehicles show up last week. They did a really nice job on the La Salle. Like the lenses in the headlights. Growing up in the 50's, pre war vehicles were quite common to see. It would be nice to see more vehicles similar to this be produced. Also pick up the '53 Studebaker Champion up in red.

20171210_111123.jpg 20171210_111307.jpg 20171210_112327.jpg

Tried counting the hoard of vehicles I have collected over the years and lost count a few times at over 200. I would guess the total is around 250.

Tried counting the hoard of vehicles I have collected over the years and lost count a few times at over 200. I would guess the total is around 250.

Off hand - I would say that you have a nice start!
CHET, You really do have some nice ones.

Trucks in my rural scene.

Left to right ....... IH grain truck. ... White tractor with Fruehauf trailer. .... Peterbuilt stake truck

36755104966_97642788ae_b.jpg

A few more vintage trucks and some cars downtown.

35941311194_5d26c2d41f_b.jpg

36766398215_ff0a9b795a_b.jpg

35932389413_49d457775b_b.jpg

The Edsel is one of my Oxford models ...

36405476690_135e9a4aff_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Garry - Really looks good. Nice city scenes. Unfortunately I don't have any towns that large. I would love to build scenes like that. I don't know why I picked up a couple of those city buses. My towns aren't large enough to have bus service. Guess I could use than for flat car loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked the Edsel, didn't understand why it was such a failure?

Nice photos Garry. I wish that there was some way for me to model an urban area, but there aren't any out here. I have a couple of those old GMC busses, but the town on my layout aren't really large enough to have bus service. Guess I can use them as flat car loads.

Oxford's California Highway Patrol 1955 Buick Police Special has reached Oxford's distribution center in UK from China. Won't be long now for it to reach these far flung shores. But it appears the searchlight and flashing red light mounted on the front fenders just ahead of the door are not in the Oxford photo.

Oxford Pic 1955 Buick CHP special.jpgSIA-1955CHPBuick_lede.jpg

Oxford's California Highway Patrol 1955 Buick Police Special has reached Oxford's distribution center in UK from China. Won't be long now for it to reach these far flung shores. But it appears the searchlight and flashing red light mounted on the front fenders just ahead of the door are not in the Oxford photo.

Walthers has it in stock.
https://www.walthers.com/1955-buick-century-assembled-california-highway-patrol

And another Buick emergency vehicle now available in 1/87 scale is the 1960 Buick Ambulance by BoS now in stock at American Excellence.
https://www.american-excellence.com/?p=details&i=221203

diecast_modelcar_bos-models_buick_flxible+premier+ambulance_221203_big.jpg

Ken - I did get an email from Oxford announcing the arrival of the CHP Buick. Really like the looks of it. Reminds me of the old TV series Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford. Still thinking about it. I model in the state of Montana, not California.

CHP Buick now on my "layout". But the missing red light on drivers side and siren on other side will have to be "created".

10-4 Hwy Patrol Car.jpg

Now trying to find a portly HO figure in hat and suit.....

UPS arrived today with some additions to my vehicle hoard.

Oxford released the two tone blue '50 Oldsmobile and a really nice looking '41 Cadillac from Neo. .

20180709_134839.jpg

I also picked up a Mercedes Benz 220 S couple from Brekina. I remember seeing one of these when I was a kid and really liked it having no idea what it was at first.

20180709_134915.jpg

20180709_135031.jpg

Still don't have anything newer than 1957.

Does anyone make an HO scale model of a Lincoln Town Car or Continental? My wife drives a well-used (we bought it third-hand) 2005 Town Car. Getting harder to find parts for it. She keeps asking when I'm going to buy her a new one... But they don't make them in the same style anymore. So I thought maybe, if I can find one, I'd get her a model of one!;) Would look good on my layout, too!

Back