New from NC

Kevin_NC

Hey guys, new member here from NC. I’m 36 years old and just getting into the hobby with my 6yo son who loves everything trains. Santa brought him a Bachmann HO rail chief set this year and we have been working on a layout since then. I found the forum on tapatalk and have been following and reading for a while and decided it’s time to join up!

When I was a kid my dad bought a small HO scale layout at a yard sale and brought it home. I loved playing with that set and want my son to have a similar experience. This is what got me interested in all things mechanical, which still influences my hobbies and passions to this day. This is my first layout and I have been learning a lot, it’s slow going but we’ll have it completed eventually. Here’s a teaser pic, but I’ll probably start a dedicated thread to update progress.

d6f521ad051820eb1926dd9dc29b137c.jpg

Welcome to the forum Kevin. Welcome.gif Glad to have you aboard. Nice to see your son likes trains. I'll bet he's quite the helper.

Kevin,

Yes, welcome to the forums and it is great that your son is also interested in the hobby or at least trains. It looks as though you have gotten off to a great start with the layout as well.

Welcome to the group Kevin,

Building a railroad with your son will bring lasting memories! looking forward to you starting a build thread, and following along.

Back