New cardstock buildings

StarRR

Has anyone bought and built the cardstock buildings by Whiskey Falls that are listed on Ebay? Thinking about purchasing.

Bryan - Thanks for the EBay link, I don't have the time to scour the internet looking for it. I have about two dozen cardstock structures on my layout, scattered around mostly as background buildings. I like them and will continue to build them. The ones from Whiskey Falls do not fit either my era or locale. The pictures posted make them look very weathered, something that's harder to do with plastic. The other link to MRH contains many other manufacturers that I use and have used over the last ten years. They have had many cardstock threads/links in the past including a whole lot of "freebies".
Generally I print them on 65# paper and brace with popsicle sticks; and always give them a coating of Dull Coat to prevent fading of the printing. Yes, they fade even under artificial light. I have done some by gluing paper to cereal box type cardboard, but for me, they are less satisfactory and I redid all of them on the 65# paper.

I can't give yopu any info on that particular kit, but here's a card stock kit that I built over 25 years ago. It has held up extremely well for as old as it is. No warping or any other problems with it.

IMAG0841.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

Chet, I think I remember when Ed's Market came out in the 70's. Looks great! Like the interior. My Dad got me the Triangle Café, with the interior at the time. Never made the sign, but did a lot of the interior, and put people in it. They don't make them like they used to. Also built the Follies Theater back then, but used 'The Regent' name instead of the Follies.'

Back