New 4'8' HO Layout

Hi Fellow Modelers, yes I am new and just getting back into the hobby. It going to be a long journey and this was on my bucket list to master and enjoy before I leave the train station. I am limited to space in my basement but slowly arranging and area to start my build. I am looking for EZ-Track 4'x8' HO Layout Plans. Yes I have seen many of them and looking for one just like this that will fit the board. I have a few diesels and like 5 RivaRossi Steamers. I do belive I will need 22" Radius turns I would love to have a layout plan with everything I need for EZ-Track. I am going to convert all my engines from DC to DCC and decoder will be the Soundtraxx Blunami-2200 this was set up for Atlas Track that I am not sure I want to tackle. I want to get a jump start with Nickel Silver Track. I love scenic layout with a few spots to transfer cars etc. Can anyone design on like this one I am attaching. I am building mountains etc. Here is the layout plans but it is only for Atlas track I want EZ-Track. This Is What I Want For EZ-Track
HO_Scale_Layout_1_8X4_Code_100_1-2.jpg

Hi Fellow Modelers, yes I am new and just getting back into the hobby. It going to be a long journey and this was on my bucket list to master and enjoy before I leave the train station. I am limited to space in my basement but slowly arranging and area to start my build. I am looking for EZ-Track 4'x8' HO Layout Plans. Yes I have seen many of them and looking for one just like this that will fit the board. I have a few diesels and like 5 RivaRossi Steamers. I do belive I will need 22" Radius turns I would love to have a layout plan with everything I need for EZ-Track. I am going to convert all my engines from DC to DCC and decoder will be the Soundtraxx Blunami-2200 this was set up for Atlas Track that I am not sure I want to tackle. I want to get a jump start with Nickel Silver Track. I love scenic layout with a few spots to transfer cars etc. Can anyone design on like this one I am attaching. I am building mountains etc. Here is the layout plans but it is only for Atlas track I want EZ-Track. This Is What I Want For EZ-TrackView attachment 180086
Welcome to the forum, Douglas!

Doing the math, you will not be able to do those inner areas with the 22" radius. Your board will be 48" wide so the 22" radius will go around the perimeter. You can do some spurs and sidings but not the inner loop.

I built a 4 x 8 with the ez track as my first layout, glued and nailed it down and when I decided to upgrade was able to sell it. It was fastened down so it could be stored on its side. There may be a thread about it, probably back in 2011 when I built it.

I do all my design on paper, old school, do not really know any other way. Some people buy track then arrange it on their board, that is one way to do it, too.

Dave LASM

Welcome to the forum, Douglas!

Doing the math, you will not be able to do those inner areas with the 22" radius. Your board will be 48" wide so the 22" radius will go around the perimeter. You can do some spurs and sidings but not the inner loop.

I built a 4 x 8 with the ez track as my first layout, glued and nailed it down and when I decided to upgrade was able to sell it. It was fastened down so it could be stored on its side. There may be a thread about it, probably back in 2011 when I built it.

I do all my design on paper, old school, do not really know any other way. Some people buy track then arrange it on their board, that is one way to do it, too.

Dave LASM
Thanks Dave I will try to look for something besides this layout. I will need mainline 22" for sure. Will have to see what I can come up with. Thanks so much for your help. I wish I had more room in the basement. Wife gave me a corner and thats what I have to work with.

Back