Need long N Scale Engine shed

It appears as though the Fleischmann rails are Code 80, at least that is what one site I looked at said:

...The rail profile of this is identical to the code 80 Peco's profile, and fits with some code 80 I have...

I didn't know if we did or not but thought I'd give it a try. All I did was use the attachment button and bingo! Having the ability to "post" PDF Files is a bonus I think, especially for stuff like the instructions or anything written.

Yes, it's cool. I just hadn't got around to checking the functionality of that yet. Glad it's working. Xenforo seems to have some really nice features, including some I probably don't even know exist yet. :)

Yes, it's cool. I just hadn't got around to checking the functionality of that yet. Glad it's working. Xenforo seems to have some really nice features, including some I probably don't even know exist yet. :)

Bob,

This has become the most user friendly forum I’m a member of! Thanks!

Bob,

This has become the most user friendly forum I’m a member of! Thanks!

Thank you, glad to know all the hard work is paying off! Tell your friends, your neighbors, anyone else you can think of that likes model trains. :)

Joking aside, the occasional mention on FB would be appreciated, something like "Hey, if you like model railroads, check out this forum!"

Thank you, glad to know all the hard work is paying off! Tell your friends, your neighbors, anyone else you can think of that likes model trains. :)

Joking aside, the occasional mention on FB would be appreciated, something like "Hey, if you like model railroads, check out this forum!"
I have to second migalyto's statement. I am a member of several boards but this one, hands down, is the best. I troll the others but you and the members have made this "home" for me. Thank you.

P.S. I'm still very jealous that you got to work on the T-1............grrrrrr

Reactions: bob
I have to second migalyto's statement. I am a member of several boards but this one, hands down, is the best. I troll the others but you and the members have made this "home" for me. Thank you.

Thank you! It seems to be doing well, we're slowly but surely getting more members and activity.

P.S. I'm still very jealous that you got to work on the T-1............grrrrrr

Uh, well, three of them actually, but who's counting? (Now if they'd just restore 2124...)

Anyone every built the Faller Shed? I really like this one and am wondering if I can kit bash the front to extend at least 1 bay.
91TKjbwGXRL._SL1500_.jpg

Olie,

Darn, that IS a nice shed ... wish I had have seen it before I bought the other one! Just from looking at it, and if you wanted to buy two of them, you could probably (fairly easily) cut the side walls and extend it the appropriate distance.

By the way, from what I have seen Fuller is good stuff. I just looked at their site and evidently it is unavailable from the factory at the moment.

Last edited:
Olie,

Darn, that IS a nice shed ... wish I had have seen it before I bought the other one! Just from looking at it, and if you wanted to buy two of them, you could probably (fairly easily) cut the side walls and extend it the appropriate distance.

By the way, from what I have seen Fuller is good stuff. I just looked at their site and evidently it is unavailable from the factory at the moment.
Ya, I've been looking at that one for a while. Only issue is it's 1" short. There is 1 available via amazon and then other websites have them as well, Reynauld's being one. Not cheap, that's for sure. I'm thinking of getting 1 and seeing if I can "manufacture" the 1" extension instead of buying 2 whole kits.

Ya, I've been looking at that one for a while. Only issue is it's 1" short. There is 1 available via amazon and then other websites have them as well, Reynauld's being one. Not cheap, that's for sure. I'm thinking of getting 1 and seeing if I can "manufacture" the 1" extension instead of buying 2 whole kits.
If it is only 1" shy of what is needed I think (very sure) you'll be able to scratch build something for that much and for it to fit.

If it is only 1" shy of what is needed I think (very sure) you'll be able to scratch build something for that much and for it to fit.
After doing some more research, Faller's website says it will hold engines up 162mm over buffers. That leaves me about 2" short over buffers. I doubt modifying the buffers will give me much extra so I need to expect to have to add an overall 2" to the length of 1 stall. I think it's doable. If not, then the FEF-3 will just have to stick out a little bit.

Most round houses and engine shops that I have seen in my life have had parts of the loco's sticking outside - Usually it would be part of the tender.
I come from the South where usually the weather is warmer?

FWIW, I knew that everyone would like this site; I was just afraid that BOB might not choose it!

I am not "N", but I sure do like that Faller shed. It has a lot of character.

I think Im going to go with the faller shed and see how it looks. Can always modify later.......buwahahahha
(Evil laugh doesn't fit but I did it anyway)

I'm with Mike, it is a great looking shed and am sure you'll be able to make any modifications of needed. I will also be interested to hear what you have to say about it when you get it and, of course, look forward to your build of it :)

Olie,

You know with all the issues with this walthers rubbish and how pedantic I am about my structures, I have ordered one of the Faller Engine Houses from Reynaulds as well. I was surprised at the price though, it is very similar to the walthers and perhaps a couple of dollars less in fact.

Olie,

You know with all the issues with this walthers rubbish and how pedantic I am about my structures, I have ordered one of the Faller Engine Houses from Reynaulds as well. I was surprised at the price though, it is very similar to the walthers and perhaps a couple of dollars less in fact.
NIce! You'll have to tell me how the kit is. We are under contract to sell one of our rental homes that is vacant. Some chuckle heads broke in and stole the stove and tried to get the fridge as well. Along with that, we are paying the mortgage with no rental income. I'm keeping money close to home until we close mid July. But once that happens.....look out cause Olie has some buildings to construct! Olieville has all the building permits, utilities are in place, blue prints for infrastructure approved. Just waiting on funding and then the materials can be purchased!

Back