NCE Power Cab "Recall"

PrairieKnight

I am using NCE Power Cab on my HO layout. I now have 3 locomotives and a switcher. All 4 of these units perform well with my NCE system. My issue is that I can only use the "recall" button on my handheld controller on two of these four units at a time. According to the directions in the NCE manual (page 15) I should be able to put up to six locos in and be able to call each one of them up by pushing the recall button until the number of the loco I want to control is displayed. But I am not able to do that. I have tried to put three of the locos in by following the directions. However, the third loco number that I enter cannot be called up with the recall button, I must enter the third loco...at which time..... the first loco that I entered is no longer available to be called up with the recall button.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust somewhere in the system to where I can enter all 4 units and call one up with the recall button?

The option is there in the cab settings. I had only two recalls available, and went in to change it. The system I have is a Pro Cab, but I think it is the same for the Power Cab.

The factory default for the Power Cab is 2 recalls. Per NCE:
The number of recalls can be adjusted from 1-6 using the appropriate selection in the "SET CAB PARAMS" menu.

- Jeff

When I saw the thread title, I thought I was going to have to send mine all the way back to "the States".

My apologies to Toot and Beiland. I could have avoided the anxiety had I simply added the word "button" to the title of this thread. I do appreciate the help Jeff. It took me a while to find in the NCS Power Cab manual but I did find it on page 58.

Back