n scale kato unitrack #4 turnouts substitute

Using n scale kato unitrack which other brands of n #4 turnouts can be substituted for kato turnouts, and what adjustments would have to be made to connect a non-kato turnout to unitrack? Thanks.

Go to the Caboose Industries web site & check out all the different ground Throws they have listed. The best one's for you to get to try out is the ones w/all the diff. end attachments. Get the 5 pack. The ends can be changed quite easily. Get the sprung type.

Larry

Larry, I think he meant the actual dimensions and dirverging route radius of the Kato switches compared to other N gauge switches. Casey, not being in N guage, my suggestion would be to get the eaxt dimensions of the Kato switch and then write to other manufacturers about the dimensions of their switches. I suspect that there's no other switch with the exact same dimensions and, unless you have some really good reason, you're much better off sticking with one brand of switches. I have several different brand on my HO layout and it was troublesome getting them all to fit together.

Back