N Scale in Arizona

GGNInNScale

Granite Gorge and Northern Again
Hello to all I retired after 40 years in research and semiconductors, and a few years as a Professor. My grandfathers and an uncle worked on the CN in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. My dad bought me SuperO Lionel and Lionel HO when I was young. My brothers and I built the Atlas Granite Gorge layout twice. I had three HO layouts (large) in different basements until we moved to Phoenix (they do not make basements in AZ- sadly). Our son and daughter were brought up with the HO trains. Finally sold my HO stuff in 2022 after it sat in boxes for years, and started up with N scale. I have rebuilt the Atlas Granite Gorge and Northern (J. Armstrong's layout) with additional perimeter trackage and yards. I have limited space, so I had to make a number of compromises.

Well now it's clear why you make use of the Arduinos. It's gotta be child's play for someone with your chops.

Your latest GG&N seems to make good use of the larger space afforded by N scale, but you might use it up if you keep buying all those boxcars.* :D

[* as in: "what are you buying this month?"]

But why not? Go for it.

Last edited:

Back