N scale autos

Gregjl

Hi All, I notice the n scale vehicles that are offered seem to be mostly foreign, does that mean they might be a different n scale? I know it varies with trains. Maybe I should search for 1/160 th instead of n?

Thanks

What era you looking to model? Some eras have more than others. If you look at 1:150 scale, it gives you some more options as well. They are a bit bigger, but use them together, or further back. It’s hard to tell the difference.

Thanks for the reply, I'm modeling present day. Not everything should be new but also not steam or horse drawn. I found shapeways has a pretty big selection but that could add up quick. I'll look for a side by side image of 150 and 160. Something like construction equipment wouldn't matter.

I found the same problem as well. My search for N Scale (1:160) vehicles turned up a LOT of vehicles but predominantly from the 50's era or European. The availability of modern, or more modern, N Scale vehicles does seem a little limited.

It might have something to do with not wanting pay the car companies money, that would add to the cost of the item. R.C. companies have that problem

I have seen a number of them available done with 3D printing. I don't have the web site available, but they sure were pricey. I was in N sale years ago and noticed the same issue.

I am extremely fortunate that I model the transition era in HO scale and there are tons of them available. Even in HO scale, there aren't many modern vehicles available.

Back