N scale autos

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Hi All, I notice the n scale vehicles that are offered seem to be mostly foreign, does that mean they might be a different n scale? I know it varies with trains. Maybe I should search for 1/160 th instead of n?

Thanks

migalyto

What era you looking to model? Some eras have more than others. If you look at 1:150 scale, it gives you some more options as well. They are a bit bigger, but use them together, or further back. It’s hard to tell the difference.

Thanks for the reply, I'm modeling present day. Not everything should be new but also not steam or horse drawn. I found shapeways has a pretty big selection but that could add up quick. I'll look for a side by side image of 150 and 160. Something like construction equipment wouldn't matter.

wombat457

Staff member
I found the same problem as well. My search for N Scale (1:160) vehicles turned up a LOT of vehicles but predominantly from the 50's era or European. The availability of modern, or more modern, N Scale vehicles does seem a little limited.

It might have something to do with not wanting pay the car companies money, that would add to the cost of the item. R.C. companies have that problem

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
I have seen a number of them available done with 3D printing. I don't have the web site available, but they sure were pricey. I was in N sale years ago and noticed the same issue.

I am extremely fortunate that I model the transition era in HO scale and there are tons of them available. Even in HO scale, there aren't many modern vehicles available.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.