My Riverside Division, 1954. (ATSF, SP, UP MV&P)

TONS of new progress! We'll start downtown with some painted signs on the side of the bank. That's "Fountain Springs (brand) water" and "Red brand coffee"

MachineWorksLayout2-08002.png

Added an annex, interior, and loadig dock to the roundhouse, still a WIP:
MachineWorksLayout2-08069.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08070.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08071.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08072.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08073.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08077.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08076.png

Worked on the residential neighborhood too.

MachineWorksLayout2-08088.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08091.png

And a Lithographers, the people who print out the fruit crate labels. (scratchbuilt loading dock)

MachineWorksLayout2-08092.png

Finally, a Tidewater Associated Oil co gas station!
MachineWorksLayout2-08094.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08095.png

MachineWorksLayout2-08096.png

I've lived in Southern California since 1947. Most of my early years were in Norwalk but I also lived in Pico Rivera, Buena Park, Corona and Mission Viejo. I also worked for 34 years in Santa Ana.
Now I live in Hemet. In this whole Diamond Valley area there IS NOT a lot of asphalt and the air quality is very good. Our skys are clear. The hot months are limited to mid-June to September.
The characterization by Space Mouse is very off-base.
By the way, the MODEL RAILROADER track plan by Andy Sperandeo is, by his own admission, not well researched. But it is a very good track plan.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

The son-in-law lives out there, and we are about a 50 minute drive away. Where's the pics of this? I haven't decided on a layout plan yet, and would be interested in seeing it.

My only "complaint" w/ Andy's plan is that Hemet is off on a spur vs being inline between Perris & San Jacinto. Would put Hemet where San Jacinto is & continue mainline to upper right corner. Also there was a lumber yard just east of Perris the received a lot of cars. Greg Martin used to work there!

The son-in-law lives out there, and we are about a 50 minute drive away. Where's the pics of this? I haven't decided on a layout plan yet, and would be interested in seeing it.

Another victim of the Photobucket money grab, I'm afraid, you may have to join wordpress.com (link at the bottom of his first post with the deleted pics) to see them. It's an old thread, Feb 2008 and only that first post from the OP, no follow up.

If you to see Andy's plan do a Google search for "Andy Sperandeo's San Jacinto District Plan". You'll get a lot of hits on the search including discussions about his plan.

Back