My ONE and ONLY project ...

Tony,

If you are looking for undecorated F7 units both A and B units appear to be in stock (Kato)

https://www.walthers.com/emd-f7a-standard-dc-undecorated-no-steam-generator-dual-headlight
https://www.walthers.com/emd-f7b-standard-dc-undecorated-no-steam-generator

Have in mind that many F3's did end up looking almost like F7's in their lifetimes with many updates applied when they were shopped (grilles, fans, etc...).

The only thing required that you would need to add to the Kato units above is a steam generator in the B unit.

I hope this helps.
Yannis

Yannis,

Yep, saw them and saw that they were $30 more expensive than other places as well. I do love the Kato engines but am also being hard to get on with as I'd like them to come with DCC/Sound if possible, at least DCC equipped. I think I am looking for something that doesn't exist though.

If I am not too late, I would like to toss my 2 cents in on the coach painting. I like the blue with the cream window and a stripe above and below the window cream. Leave the roof alone for now. You can always change it later if you think otherwise.
Leave off the stripe along the bottom.

Sherrel,

I bought a bunch of white stripes for doing above and below the windows but compared to the solid blue, it looked terrible in reality. It didn't help that I had issues trying to get them on straight.

Been almost a month since adding anything here, so thought I would just let those interested that the layout is still an ongoing project and hasn't been abandoned. With the weather we have been having, I have spent more time doing the "outside" stuff and trying to enjoy it (the weather) for as long as possible before being "confined" to the great "indoors".

As such, I am still clearing out the old HO bench work, a little at a time. I didn't realise just how securely I had put that in and has resulted in me having to cut it apart in sections for its removal. I have about 1/3rd of it to get out now before I can start on the physical room clean up - fixing some of the walls where the old plaster attached, a few holes I created getting the old out and re painting for a fresh new look. Trying to find some where for all of the excess stuff I have accumulated is presenting a bit of a challenge as well.

Anyway, as said, it hasn't been abandoned and is moving forward, albeit slowly.

Back