My Loot from the Amherst Train Show 2024

I went there several years ago, once.
My sense of it was Timonium, MD many times over. A vast majority of it was individuals tryin to sell their grandfathers valuable collect that was actually Tyco stuff with brass snap track or Lionel 027 plastic locos and cars. They had no idea when they signed up for the show that the stuff they had was as common as light bulbs. The smell of the musty cardboard of the boxes they had the stuff in filled the air.
The real attractions though were the big manufacturers, showing off their next models about to hit the market. Disappointingly though, they had nothing to sell.
The well-known stores had entries to the show and brought truckloads of product in anticipation.
Carrying the newly bought toys was fun, but reality set in when I had to carry a load out to the truck. Closest I could find to the buildings was more than a 1/4 mile away. Freezing cold. Ice on the ground, then the walk back to view some more.
While driving home, I thought through the weekend and realized I could have got all this stuff online, with shipping for less than I paid for gas and lodging. I would have eaten a few meals at home, so I don't count that as an expense.
So, I can say I attended the Big E, but only once.

Very nice see you got around a lot, lots of nice things in the pipeline for later this year and 2025
Yep it was nice to see what is new and coming soon.

Funny thing though...I was disappointed with the Athearn booth as they had a small set up and not much for the show. I was hoping to see the new run of the Challengers 2.0 Tsunami2 release for June of 2024.....I plan on getting Union Pacific #3985

Back