My Layout ...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Sirfoldalot

CEO ACME Corporation
Staff member
The parallel portions of the diamond are about 3/32" off the main rails or 1/2" between the rails of the diamond.

Sadly due to this new feature, Thomas can no longer run the main line as there is a spot where some of the gearing for him runs below the track line and hits the diamond.
Cut off the center portion of the rail so Thomas can run!
Unless I am totally wrong - I don't think guard rails all come to a point the way you have shown?

Patrick

Cut off the center portion of the rail so Thomas can run!
Unless I am totally wrong - I don't think guard rails all come to a point the way you have shown?
Center section was redone and Thomas can run all rails as I currently have them configured. The only rerail on the layout currently is in the yard on the inner loop. An Atlas 9" rerail track piece.

As I said in the Coffee Shop, I am thinking of flattening the rise on the outer loop as I think I can then have better access to the addition I need to add to the table.

Patrick

Well, I did it!

20200112_181101.jpg
20200112_181106.jpg
20200112_181110.jpg
20200112_181116.jpg

I flattened the rise and started reconstruction of the outer loop, which included a section of the inner loop as well. I also built a 1' x 7' extension which filled most of the gap where I was losing trains. I can see a little better access for any town, as evidenced in the first photo, to spread across the bench work. I have to fill a little under where I removed the odd angle board I placed in to work with the lift and curve in the one end of the track. I basically added 7 square feet to the table without taking up more of the room. Now to get the track reset and rewired in a more permanent fashion. That will take some time as I aggravated the carpal tunnel in my right wrist.

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Unfortunately surgery is scheduled for Jan. 27th. I've had the brace, but it is no longer working. I hear anecdotes about the surgery not working, but everyone I know who's had it says they're better off. When you can't sleep at night, it's time to do something different.

I've just gotta do it a little slower....dang I must be getting old...
Patrick, I had both wrists done about 7 years ago. Been great results, about 2 weeks recovery time. Then the doc said use them if they don't hurt. No regrets!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.