My layout is possessed!

I always loose the last thing I had in my hand before the phone rang, or the last thing I had in my hand before going to get something else. What ever is lost shows up a few days later in some obvious spot, like under the pile of mail I brought in from the mail box the day before. Sometimes I come across things that didn't even remember loosing. I once found a $100 bill in a used math book I had and I don't remember putting it in there.

Lol ^^^^
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
About 20 years ago, my wife bought a $200 savings bond. She put it in a safe place, so it wouldn't get lost. Wherever she put it was very safe, even from us, because we haven't seen it since...

OK I was just searching my house, and I found a used math book also, with $100 bill in it. This math book must be magical. LOL

I usually blame it on my wife and later find it in an oddball place, somewhere I carried it to, set it down along with a mental note, and forgetting where the mental note is.

Rarely, is it my wife who lost it. In fact, now when I can't find something, I ask her to look for it (kindly ask) and in a few minutes it shows up. This even works for tiny springs in the carpeting.

lasm

I figured math books were the safest place to hide things because one day, eons ago, I put my math books and a Pickett slide rule on the roof of my car and locked the car. But I forgot the books. After an economics class, and then an English class, I realized my mistake and I ran back to the parking lot. The stuff was all still there after thousands of people had filed by!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still waiting for a photo or two of the room so we can play the game where you search a photo for hidden items.

Wait... I think I found it!
turnout_zps856a1604.jpg

About 26 years ago, a fellow aerospace engineer I worked with had a theory about such things: He felt that objects that we had handled and put down in plain sight entered a space-time continuum (wormhole), and disappeared into another dimension. Then, after we had searched all over for it, for at least a half-hour, they would suddenly reappear from the other dimension. I am convinced he was right! I wonder how much time we have spent (wasted???) searching for such things during our lifetimes! :rolleyes:

on the other side of that dimension thingy, I wonder if we get stuff from over there that one of those people from the other dimension can't find?

Did anyone find the turnout in the photo above yet? Don't tell if you do. We need to let the OP find it ;)

IT LIVES! Yeah ... now, how do I get it back :)

turnout_zpse1a9c6d1.jpg

Heck Kevin, that was too easy. At least give me a challenge :)

I'll take a pic of the room tomorrow and post it. Good luck finding anything in it at the moment ...

Six years ago I needed some cash so I sold an item and put the cash, $300 in $20 bills, in my jacket pocket. I moved a several times since and in January I decided to use the jacket again.

WOW! $300. But it was spend in a couple days on other items. Maybe you did find it and decided to use it some where else not remembering where it originally belonged.

The gremlins on my layout keep my vanished items hidden until after I've bought a replacement item, tore open the packaging and used it a few times so I can't return it!:rolleyes:

Six years ago I needed some cash so I sold an item and put the cash, $300 in $20 bills, in my jacket pocket. I moved a several times since and in January I decided to use the jacket again.

WOW! $300. But it was spend in a couple days on other items. Maybe you did find it and decided to use it some where else not remembering where it originally belonged.

Be right back, checking all my clothes with pockets! That is a nice find, no matter how long after the fact.

The gremlins on my layout keep my vanished items hidden until after I've bought a replacement item, tore open the packaging and used it a few times so I can't return it!:rolleyes:

Yep, that will be my luck too. It wouldn't matter if I bought the #540 tomorrow or next year, I'd find the "stolen one" the very next day :)

[YOUTUBE]zi6wNGwd84g[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, now the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up ... nice, very nice! :)

Afternoon All,

The title say's it all.

The other day, I pulled a section of my track up, carefully placing it about 2" from its proper position, to lay the rest of my track bed. The section of track included my 3 LH turnouts, of the Atlas variety (you know, the ones you can't get). I laid the track bed and left it for an hour or, so to settle, before I replaced the track. When I went to replace the track, one of my LH turnouts had vanished, gone, departed, taken off, shot through, disappeared, evacuated .... !!!

I have searched the layout, room and even the entire house for the turnout without success. Of ALL the pieces to vanish, it HAD to be an Atlas turnout :(

This has to qualify as one of a couple of things, idiot of the month award (muah) or one of those paranormal things on TV.

Have a great day guys while I look for razor blades :)

You will find it within moments of ordering some sort of replacement.

No, actually that's not true. You will find it 1 day after the return/refund period expires on that replacement you ordered...

Back