My layout is possessed!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Sometimes I think I spend more time looking for tools, parts or other items than I do working on projects. My workbench is up stairs, and the layout is in the basement. I will say that I am getting some great exercise running up and down the stairs looking for things. I lost my bright boy about a month ago, somewhere in the train room. I'm sure it will show up as soon as I buy a replacement.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Sometimes I think I spend more time looking for tools, parts or other items than I do working on projects. My workbench is up stairs, and the layout is in the basement. I will say that I am getting some great exercise running up and down the stairs looking for things. I lost my bright boy about a month ago, somewhere in the train room. I'm sure it will show up as soon as I buy a replacement.

I know "exactly" how you feel, regards spending more time looking for things than working on your layout". At least my layout and "workshop" are in the same room. Come to think of it ... the layout and my work space are one and the same, pretty much.

Thats cool you'll like the Peco track for sure.

If the Peco turnouts (quality wise) are any indication, I know I will like the Peco track work. What annoys me (a little) is that I thought the Atlas track was the "ducks guts" until I had to buy Peco turnouts and had explained the main difference between the Peco and Atlas by my LHS.

The thing that really surprises me though is the over all cost difference. $125 for 75' (or $90 for 54') of Peco track (not including turnouts etc) compared to what I forked out for 54' of Atlas track. I really thought the Peco would be much more expensive and regret not having used it from the outset.

The other good thing is that it will be a lot harder for this "thieving spirit" to make of with 3' sections of track :)

Back