My HO Railway (a blog)

athe

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while now, and thought I'd finally share my blog for my layout. This is something I've been working at off and on for the last couple of years, and after a couple of false starts and tear downs, I feel that I've finally got a layout that will give me a good opportunity to do some great modelling.

Anyway, my blog can be found at http://myhorailway.blogspot.com. A lot of old information on there now, but the latest couple of posts show off some of my current plans.

Cheers,
athe.

Hi,

Just realised, without a whole lot of going back through the blog, it's probably not really detailed recently what the layout is about. So, here's the bullet point version:

• Set in 1950s transition era
  • Freelanced, not based on any prototype
  • DCC
  • 17' x 7' walk-in/around layout with primary control panel located in the "well" area of the layout
  • Walthers Valley Cement and Glacier Gravel will form the "primary" industry being modeled (albeit very loosely)
  • A small township, so passenger services will be available
  • Small engine servicing facility was a last minute (quickly becoming expensive) add-on when I decided I wanted to be able to turn locos around
  • Current roster of locos is:
    • ATSF GP7 #2869 (Athearn Genesis)
    • ATSF F3A (Athearn Genesis)
    • (ATSF) Light Pacific (BLI Paragon2)

I hope to get another GP7 or two and maybe a small steam 0-4-0 for switching duties. The Light Pacific and F3A will be sharing passenger service duties.

Cheers,
athe.

Back