My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

"...do not know what I would do if I actually finished..."

You know something Scott, I think a lot of us feel the same way and it "could" be one reason why we tend to go slow, so that final day doesn't come around too soon. While there will always be little things to do, I don't think it will be the same as actually building it. Will kind of be a bitter sweet day for me.

I just spent the last 10+ minutes reading this thread and WOW!

Scott, your layout is incredible and was a great read to see what you started with to now, fantastic job. I'm a newbie to this hobby and I have to start with the same size table you have and you've definitely inspired me and proved that you can do a lot in small space.

And stop being so hard on yourself with making your own buildings, they look great and you are doing what you can on a very very VERY tight budget. You should be proud of yourself!!

Looking forward to more updates...subscribed!

Chris

Scott,

Darn, didn't realise that I had missed your reply - sorry. You are right though, slow is better than fast even though we do tend to get into a hurry to get things done. As said, you have achieved a great deal and should be proud of yourself for your achievements.

Thanks Chris. I am glad to hear that you got something from this thread. Always remember to work with in your skill limits at first, once you feel good about the stuff you are doing, go ahead and challenge yourself a little. The worst that can happen is that you have to start over or rethink the plan you had. This hobby is pretty forgiving, the bottom line is that you are happy with what you have done. Thanks for looking.

Scott

Ok guys, I made a small video of the layout. It's nothing fancy but I had a good time putting it together. Click below to check it out.

Thanks Scott
[h=3]Train video[/h][h=3][/h]

Wow, Scott! You've done a phenomenal job on your layout! You have accomplished a great deal in a short time and you should be very proud. You have done way more than I have ever done with scenery and you have done it well. Again, nice job.

Burlington Bob,
Thanks for the kind words, I still have some work to do. I need people and more period correct vehicles, trees, etc. The layout is pretty basic but it works for me and my skill level. It has been a learning experience to say the least. Thanks for watching.

Scott

Great video Scott and your son did a fantastic job with the music!

Your layout is looking great, thanks for sharing the video.

By FM C liner;

The layout is pretty basic but it works for me and my skill level. It has been a learning experience to say the least.

We all have to start out basic but the experience gained makes each successive project better and better!

Thanks Louis,
My son wrote that music several years ago for his grandmother as a gift. I thought it fit well with the video. Thanks again for the kind words.

Scott

Back