MRC Railpower 1370 18va to Unitrack feeder?

Hunter2678

I snagged a used MRC power pack yesterday at the local trainshop. Im setting up my N scale layout with Unitrack. My question is this, it seems the kato feeder track has plugs on both ends however the powerpack just has screw terminals on the side of it. Do I pull the large white plug (see pic) off the feeder wires and connect the end
to the exposed terminals on the side of the powerpack? Sorry for fundamental question but when I was a kid thats the way my set was wired. I m assuming this is how it still can be done when you use different brands...

1549287411758.png

Just cut the white connector off, strip the wire, and connected to the power pack. It will work just fine.

ok...thanks..still in the process of learning/relearning the electrical component of model trains. If I want to run another feeder I just do the same thing with the remaining exposed terminals on the powerpack correct?

ok...thanks..still in the process of learning/relearning the electrical component of model trains.

No problem, this is how my layout is wired up for the time being. You will love the Unitrack! It will have you running trains in about 15 minutes. Good choice!

Last edited:
ok...thanks..still in the process of learning/relearning the electrical component of model trains. If I want to run another feeder I just do the same thing with the remaining exposed terminals on the powerpack correct?
No, not exactly. There are two sets of terminals on the power pack, one for the variable output DC rheostat (large knob) for your track and the other set provides AC power for accessories. The set for the DC power should be labeled something like VDC 16 or something similar. The other set is probably labeled 18AC. ALL of the feeders go to the same set of screws labeled VDC. If you have many feeders, then you can hook one set of feeders a terminal block and run all of your feeders to it. Mike is correct about just cutting off the white plug. Make sure when setting up multiple feeders that you always connect the same rail to the same terminal.

Back