Mountain retainning wall project

NYC_George

I started a mountain and retaining wall project yesterday.

retainning_wall_3.JPG

George

Tony it looks better in person than in the photo. Maybe when I paint it tomorrow with the expansion joints that you cannot see and the top of the mountain installed. In real life I built a lot of these walls.

George

With limited art skills I finished painting the wall today.

the_wall_2.JPG

George

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to the Colorado Model Railroad Museum in Greeley, you'll see that they have painted backdrops for lower portions of their layout, with the second level beginning at the 'top of the sky, somewhat similar to what you're doing.

My thing has always been; how do you explain a piece of land, above the sky, as in double decked layouts?

Otis I really just never got around to painted the upper deck. I may be a better artist by the time I get it done though.

George

Actually Toot in real life I built a lot of these walls after leaving the railroad. I know there's suppose to be a expansion joint every 20 feet. The ones I scored in the styrene can't be seen. I guess I didn't score the joint deep enough. Greg the whole wall is made out of Evergreen white styrene, painted grey and washed with Woodland black pigment.

George

Back