Motive power on the Milwaukee Road Coast Division 18th Subdivision

NateJ

Redneck railfan
I'm constructing a 2'x8' HO scale shelf layout representing the Milwaukee Road Coast Division's 18th Subdivision between Centralia and Chehalis (I eventually want to expand to Maytown and Curtis pending new housing) and would like some direction as to what locomotives I should purchase.
The few existing picture of the area show only High-Hood GP9s and U28Bs; also, there's a picture of U33C #8002 in Maytown, but I don't know if the six axle U-Boats made it down to Chehalis.
There's a similar looking HO scale U36C at a local hobby store that would stand in nicely for #8002, but I want to make sure those types of units were in the area before I drop $86 on the model version.

I took this from the MRHA site: You might contact this gentleman for your information? ...
or scratch around on the MRHA site?

Illinois Division

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet Lane
Elgin, IL 60120-9524

Email: railsunl@sbcglobal.net

Depends, partly I think on the period you're modeling. If I'm not mistaken, at one point, at least Chehalis was on the electrified mainline. As such, it would have seen a lot of boxcabs and maybe BiPolars, in addition to the diesels.

Back