More ground throw

Habbyguy

I have looked and can not find. Does anyone know if these ground throws are made?
IMG_0815.jpg

Seems like you convert a standard Caboose Industries ground throw by replacing the plastic handle with some brass wire formed to the right shape. Getting the indicator to work also might be a little tricky.

Seems like you convert a standard Caboose Industries ground throw by replacing the plastic handle with some brass wire formed to the right shape. Getting the indicator to work also might be a little tricky.

Sure the handle will look correct but the rest of the ground throw will not. So live with the incorrectness(if that is a word) or just use the high level switch stand ones that are more correct looking, like in the pic?
IMG_0816.jpg

Personally...I like both the looks and utility of the high-level switch stands. They look more "railroady" to me and they are a lot easier to spot when you have several switches in close proximity.

Personally...I like both the looks and utility of the high-level switch stands. They look more "railroady" to me and they are a lot easier to spot when you have several switches in close proximity.

So do I... :)

IMG_3758.jpg

I'm mounting Caboose high throws on little pieces of sheetmetal so that the switch and lever can be moved as a unit.

Actually, that guy is just selling NJ International switch stands at full retail. Mark can get you a better deal. The switch stand does operate, just the handle is fixed. You can throw the switch by turning the rod with the targets.

Back