More custom paint schemes

Hey Littlefoot, glad to see your doing good n still around here! I did some digging in some old files and managed to find your drawings with my paint scheme. I decided to 'freshen' up my fleet and come up with a new paint scheme. What do you think of these?

Attachments

• Western plains 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    Western plains 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Western Plains SD40-2 paint scheme.jpg
    Western Plains SD40-2 paint scheme.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 526
  • Western Plains new paint scheme SD40-2 #202.jpg
    Western Plains new paint scheme SD40-2 #202.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 320
  • Western Plains new paint scheme 8-40CW #822.jpg
    Western Plains new paint scheme 8-40CW #822.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 438
Heres a bigger pic of the Dash 8 you did...

Attachments

• Western Plains Dash 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    Western Plains Dash 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 378
Hey Littlefoot, it took me a bit, but here is a pic of your work that came to life. I have other pics, and I will post em when I can load em. Athearn RTR GP60M, RPP/Athearn drive 8-40CW and a Walthers Trainline GP38, all Tsunami equipped. I have 1 more 8-40CW and 1 more GP38 done in this scheme.

Attachments

• Western Plains lashup 1.jpg
    Western Plains lashup 1.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Western Plains lashup 2.jpg
    Western Plains lashup 2.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of fantastic paint jobs shown here !

These are my Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds I have painted for myself.

Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds, yellow stripes & lettering, black smoke stack #844, charcoal stack #807 - Light grey stripes & lettering, #843 black smoke stack, #842 charcoal smoke stack.
Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds_zpsrnbdgp51.jpg

Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds%20-%202_zpsjsbpe5de.jpg

Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds%20-%201_zpshi78s8ms.jpg

Besides mine, to date I have painted around 30 more for others.

B&O fanasy schemes for Diesel Engines

Quite a number of years ago I ran into these passenger cars schemes for B&O,..and it turns out there were some prototype cars painted like this.
Capitol Ltd, B&O.jpg

It got me to thinking of how they might have painted a few engines to match that passenger car set ? Here is a few examples of what i came up with,...hope to actually paint a few of my unpainted locos like this.
E8 B&O fantasy scheme A.jpg
E8, B&O fantasy scheme B.jpg

The king of custom paint schemes!

Metallic purple with pink bedazzling and googly eyes!

My 5 year old daughter likes trains. This was our art project together last year.

IMG_20170103_181304.jpg

CbarM- Thanks for knocking the dust off this thread. Unfortunately I do not know if I still have any of these drawings or not as the laptop I used to make them hasn't been used in years. Please post some photos of those locomotives that you had painted; I'd love to see them.

Beiland- I agree with you. I was excited to open this thread when I got the email notification of CbarM's post. I was 15 years old when I started this thread and made those drawings; oh how times have changed. It certainly would've been a walk through the past to see those drawings again.

Life is pretty crazy right now and I certainly don't have the free time available that 15yr old Littlefoot did, but I don't see why I couldn't pick up the fantasy schemes and custom designs again. It will almost certainly take me longer to do, but I will try to accommodate any requests that folks may have. Posting in this thread or sending an email would be the best way to reach me.

Best Wishes,
Not-so-Littlefoot

LittleFoot,

I came across this thread....

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?18738-Coffee-Shoppe-XXIV&p=193160#post193160

Where you said...

Jeff- Thats the same problem im having, no room its the HW&C RY right now, the Hardwoods and Carpet Railway for me

I have a HW&C RY engine and was wondering if I could possibly find out some history on the Hardwoods and Carpet Railway. Do you know anything about it?

Here is my engine... It is a Mantua pre-WWII 2-8-0 Consol...

4387633701_2fb7ebbc72_o.jpg

4304865071_37917b558e_o.jpg

Back