Model Railroad Disappointment.

Brakeman Hal

We attended the San Bernardino County Fair today.

San Bernardino County is the largest County in the United States.

We toured the Fair from end to end; all the displays and exhibit buildings, even the Petting Zoo, and there was not even a lousy N-Scale oval on a 4x8 sheet! There were a couple paintings of trains in the Arts building...nothing more.

There will be a big Model Railroad Show in August at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds, however.

I'll be there!

Brakeman Hal

That's too bad, HAL .... Going to have to check your measurements though! I thought Riverside County was the largest, but I certainly may be wrong.

Did you happen to check out the San Bernardino restored Santa Fe Station. I stopped there a couple months back--It is really beautiful.

At the beginning of May, I missed our model train show completely by forgetting it had been moved back to the first weekend in the month from where it had been for several years on the 2nd weekend, along with a couple of changes in venue. Wasn't very happy with myself.

That's too bad, HAL .... Going to have to check your measurements though! I thought Riverside County was the largest, but I certainly may be wrong.

Did you happen to check out the San Bernardino restored Santa Fe Station. I stopped there a couple months back--It is really beautiful.
San Bernardino is the largest county by area.

San Bernardino County: 20,105 Square Miles.

Riverside County: 7,303 Square Miles.

Berdoo County contains 2.75 times the area of Riverside County.

I haven't seen the restored Santa Fe Station in Berdoo, Sherrel, but next Saturday we'll be going to Barstow again to visit the Western America Railroad Museum.

Brakeman Hal
033.JPG
022.JPG
038.JPG
005.JPG

Attachments

• 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
WOAH -- I stand corrected. I had no idea that SBC extended to the north that much - that is large!

You actually expected model trains at a county fair? I'd have been extremely surprised to find such a thing there...

Back