Model Railroad Disappointment.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

We attended the San Bernardino County Fair today.

San Bernardino County is the largest County in the United States.

We toured the Fair from end to end; all the displays and exhibit buildings, even the Petting Zoo, and there was not even a lousy N-Scale oval on a 4x8 sheet! There were a couple paintings of trains in the Arts building...nothing more.

There will be a big Model Railroad Show in August at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds, however.

I'll be there!

Brakeman Hal

Sirfoldalot

Plucked Tailfeathers
Staff member
That's too bad, HAL .... Going to have to check your measurements though! I thought Riverside County was the largest, but I certainly may be wrong.

Did you happen to check out the San Bernardino restored Santa Fe Station. I stopped there a couple months back--It is really beautiful.

tootnkumin

Staff member
At the beginning of May, I missed our model train show completely by forgetting it had been moved back to the first weekend in the month from where it had been for several years on the 2nd weekend, along with a couple of changes in venue. Wasn't very happy with myself.

bnsf971

Staff member
That's too bad, HAL .... Going to have to check your measurements though! I thought Riverside County was the largest, but I certainly may be wrong.

Did you happen to check out the San Bernardino restored Santa Fe Station. I stopped there a couple months back--It is really beautiful.
San Bernardino is the largest county by area.

San Bernardino County: 20,105 Square Miles.

Riverside County: 7,303 Square Miles.

Berdoo County contains 2.75 times the area of Riverside County.

I haven't seen the restored Santa Fe Station in Berdoo, Sherrel, but next Saturday we'll be going to Barstow again to visit the Western America Railroad Museum.

Brakeman Hal
033.JPG
022.JPG
038.JPG
005.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com