model R.R. poll

Which model train company do you use most often?

• Total voters
Wish I could pick more than one... Atlas for locos and cars, Athearn and Walthers for cars as well...

I probably have more BLI's than anything, but I sure am proud of my Atlas Gold SD24's. I hope Atlas will come out with more sound equipped units.

I would have to say none of the above. I been in this hobby for so long that I have enough "stuff" on hand to build a large layout and never buy another car/loco/piece of track or structure again. In fact the largest purchase I have made the past 5 years has been decoders.

As with any poll with limited choices and a question that can be interpreted differently by different people there are always going to be disenfranchised voters.

For locomotives I use Broadway Limited the most often.
For freight cars Accurail
For Passenger cars Walthers or IHC
For plastic structures Walthers
For wooden structures JL Innovative
For control Digitrax.
Ground cover Woodland scenics.
Trees Scenic express
Ballast Arizona rock Co

Do you want to know which I use the most? Which I purchase the most in terms of number of items? Which I purchase the most of in terms of dollars?

We each answer with our own interpretation of the question and as a result the findings don't really mean very much.

For what it is worth, since we are being pedantic about the choices, Lifelike is now Walthers and Athearn and Roundhouse are one and the same under Horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proto (life-like)
Rapido trains
True Line Trains
Walthers
PDM

Athearn

Atlas

That's about it...

MLW, you see the new Rapido cars? Very good looking, I hope the furture paint scheme's include Amtrak Phase 4, and BNSF executive.

I've always been really happy with Athearn BB. Er, at least the one's that are dimensionally correct... no "wide-body" SD45's for me. But I do love being able to turn something I bought for $25 into a finescale model.

To answer your question, we are talking about manufacturers.Hope that clarifies things. ;) :) :cool: :D
Not really, I still don't understand the question. Are you asking what what manufacturer we own most equipment from (reguardless if we would buy any more from them or not), or who manufactured most of the equipment we use own, most equipment that we actually use most of the time, or who manufactured the ONE piece of equipment we actually use most of the time? Polls are so ambiguous.

As our club has a sea of Athearn BB cars in the yard (at least 50%), and pulling one train of them around the layout with any other brand of locomotive would still result in more "use" of Athearn equipment so that is what I voted for.

Back