miniature generators

NYSW F45

Not looking for the kind that are part of a locomotive. Im talking about the kind you would use to generate power for hydralics, power for a work car and such. Nothing big. I've seen a few that are on the platforms of jordan spreaders. What i want to use it for is the shoving platform that im still working on. Use it as an accesory instead of having a plain boring deck. I may add some propan tanks or similar for interior heat or for welding. Not to sure yet.

Im also looking for mini air conditioners for the windows. I know blma makes them but they only come in packs of 12.

To big. Needs to be something alot smaller. Think of the kind you would use to power up tools or lights in a black out. Some along those lines.

If you mean something ike a Honda portable generator, just get some stripwood, cut it to about the right size, and paint it red, and use a fine point pen to put a few gauges on it. No one is going to notice the details on anything that small.

You can do the same thing with window air conditioners although no railroad is going to use those in operating equipment, especially a shoving platform. One or two hard bumps and the a/c unit will be on the ground. They would roof mount an air conditioner, much like those you see on locomotives but smaller.

I think Greenway Products has a portable generator, but I don't see it in their online catalog of Machine Shop stuff. I know they carry more items; I see them when they're at train shows....

http://www.greenwayproducts.com/a_machine.shtml

You may have to contact them to ask.

Kennedy

thanks for that site. i will be emailing them shortly. Back to the A/C im probably going to get a rooftop mount. Also thinking of getting the R/C platform aswell, but having a hard time picking an antenna. Trying to keep it simple and not to "buisy or over done".

You're looking for a generator like the one in this photo, right - it's used to run the shakers that shake covered hoppers to ease their loads out.

DSCF1071.sized.jpg

hmmm, or maybe not. The truly portable ones will be tiny in HO scale... sounds like something up BLMA's alley.

I'd still like to see this type produced as well.

Back