Mellow Mike's Latest - TTX Bulkhead

I think its something to do with eBay and Mellow Mike's way of listing, so that the privacy of the buy is protected.

eBay is doing that on the majority of listings with high bids now. I think it depends on the category, but it seems that once the bid hits $200, they hide the bidders ID's due to observers contacting bidders fraudulently. You can usually still see who won after the auction is over, but you can't see the other bidders. Basically it is just to protect the privacy of the losing bidders so they don't get emails from other people with the "I saw you were outbid, and I have one of those I could sell ya" spiel.

That's insane that people are paying that much for it. Maybe I should have taken art so I could airbrush and weather cars instead of doing an engineering degree.

That's insane that people are paying that much for it. Maybe I should have taken art so I could airbrush and weather cars instead of doing an engineering degree.

It's only insane if you can't afford it. Now suppose you were Donald Trump and you wanted a really cool model railroad. Would you spend $50 on an RTR car or $800 on the coolest one in existence.

It's only insane if you can't afford it. Now suppose you were Donald Trump and you wanted a really cool model railroad. Would you spend $50 on an RTR car or $800 on the coolest one in existence.

Personally, I'd get a lot more satisfaction out of one I did myself, even though it might not be up to MM's standards.

If you can afford it and that's what you want, more power to ya. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mellow Mike does some absolutely amazing work with weathering freight cars and kitbashing unique cars. I think what really sells the cars though is the photographs and the way he markets the item. Plus he has a good reputation on eBay for being the best. But it is amzing how much people will pay for one freight car.

Mellow Mike does some absolutely amazing work with weathering freight cars and kitbashing unique cars. I think what really sells the cars though is the photographs and the way he markets the item. Plus he has a good reputation on eBay for being the best. But it is amzing how much people will pay for one freight car.

I don't think anyone questions Mike's work. It's clearly very good. The attitude is a bit much and the prices are out there (but he isn't the one determining that). Still, I doubt he makes that much considering his time and materials.

I'd love to see him posting here and talking technique, but apparently he feels that he's got to much on the line business wise to do that.

I'd love to see him posting here and talking technique, but apparently he feels that he's got to much on the line business wise to do that.
He used too, he's still a member, but on his last thread I believe it became an confrontational problem (personalities clash). As I recall he never started a thread just joined in as references to his eBay items were posted.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/member.php?u=2473

13.gif
Willis

Back