Matchbox cars and trucks?

Stoker,

Thanks mate and your right, a little on the expensive side. Think I am going to take your advice and just by something such as a dump truck etc and build the box for it.

If I do that, do you think cutting down a 20' smooth side container would suit?

Some Hotwheels and Matchbox HO trucks.

First pic,Hotwheels,Matchbox,Majorette

chebys.jpg

Second pic,Matchbox,new wheels and tires and some paint detailing.There must be at least 25 different paint schemes for this truck. :)

fordute1.jpg

Louis,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for the links. I too looked at Kleins' and really like the Herpa models; however, they are a little on the expensive side for me at the moment. I looked at the Herpa site as, and they do make exactly what I am after with a trailer. From memory, the model was around the $50 mark :(

This is exactly what I am looking for:

901499_zpsfde2efee.jpg

But wouldn't you know it, it (and every other 1/87th scale version) is 'discontinued and out of stock' :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tony,

No worries mate, (I'm working on my Australian) :)

Did you try an internet search? Maybe somebody has one in stock somewhere just sitting on a shelf waiting for you.

When I found my Athearn Genesis GP40-2 Gold Chessie/B&O EMD 50th anniversary locomotive on Walthers web site it was discontinued and out of stock for nearly 2 years, but I found 2 at Hiawatha Hobbies. I never heard of them but man was I happy!

If I knew the model number I would help you search.

Hey Tony,

No worries mate, (I'm working on my Australian) :)

Did you try an internet search? Maybe somebody has one in stock somewhere just sitting on a shelf waiting for you.

When I found my Athearn Genesis GP40-2 Gold Chessie/B&O EMD 50th anniversary locomotive on Walthers web site it was discontinued and out of stock for nearly 2 years, but I found 2 at Hiawatha Hobbies. I never heard of them but man was I happy!

If I knew the model number I would help you search.

Your Aussie lingo is cumin' along gr8t 'mate', all I gotta do now is teach yu how tu spell! Tell yu wot cobber, wun a these day's, wen I aint flat out like u lizard drinkin'. I'll send yu n Oz dicshunary! :)

Every other day I do a search, hoping to find this/these allusive models. I honestly don't understand why Herpa has discontinued their HO Scale models though. While they still have kits you can construct in HO Scale, it seems as though the majority of their 'pre-built' models are gone or going, and that is a shame as they do look brilliant.

Tony copy this link into your favorites,and check it every so often.It will show you what Herpa brand trucks are on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...s&_nkw=Herpa+HO+scale+model+trucks&_sacat=220

Thanks Catt, I'll keep it in mind but really do not like ebay for buying things.

Damn, wouldn't you know it - they have what I want and at a good price too ! But I am very sceptical of ebay. Okay, I have taken a 'risk' (in my opinion) and bought it. It had better turn up with no surprises though.

I found some old match box cranes/backhoes the other day when I was putting my ducking hunting stuff away I wondered the same thing? They are weathered already will need to bring them in from outside see if they fit on the mountain I am building

Tony, number one ebay rule for yours truly.If I've never dealt with the seller before I always check their feed back.One or two bad ones don't bother me if they are golden for the rest of them.

I've bought off of eBay for many years and never had a truly bad experience. The two borderline ones I did have were at least partly my fault for being too eager or not paying attention. Check the feedback, stay away from auctions with poor photos, and exercise your common sense. You'll be fine.

Thanks Louis ... it is exactly what I was looking for and the trailer is just a bonus. Now I hope that it is as good as it appears and that these Herpa Models are worth the price. If they are, then I might buy some more of them.

My Truck turned up today and damn, it is impressive and looks BIG on the layout - takes up all of the road.

I have to admit that this ebay purchase went well, very well actually so maybe I might have to reconsider my opinions about them, for the moment.

Tony, remember one thing when dealing on Ebay.If you have not dealt with a seller before check their feedback.Oh and while I'm thinking about if the picture posted is blurry RUN because they are probably trying to hide something.Same goes if it says "RARE" because a little more searching will invariably turn up the item with a decent price on it.

If you are doing 1/87(HO) and ebay, keep an eye open for the French Majorette and the Ulrich kits - there are some useable vehicles in their ranges

Back