Mantua steam locomotive parts

trailrider

Does anybody know where I can get the long hexhead screws and the bushings for the main rods for a Mantua Mikado? Picked up an old Mike with the gearbox. But the main rod bushings that keep the main rods from binding on the other hexhead holding the connecting rods are missing. The big open-frame motor is also shot, but I'm not worried about that.

Does anybody know where I can get the long hexhead screws and the bushings for the main rods for a Mantua Mikado? Picked up an old Mike with the gearbox. But the main rod bushings that keep the main rods from binding on the other hexhead holding the connecting rods are missing. The big open-frame motor is also shot, but I'm not worried about that.
A few thoughts.
1. Contact MRC (model rectifier corporation) they purchased the product line in ummm 2002 or so.
2. eBay - perhaps THESE might work despite being for a different model. But put in a "watched" search and sooner or later they will pop up.
3. Find a genuine old fashion hardware store (I used to say ACE and True-Value, but of late they are getting less hardwarestoreish) and go through their small fasteners section looking for the appropriate type. It always helps if you have an example.
4. Determine the screw specifications and look on-line. One might have to convert to metric numbers, but I am surprised at the things being manufactured in China and other Asian countries these days.

Back