Lurker

Torsion

Hey there, I think this is my first post. My name is Tim and I've been lurking around here for a while. I enjoy reading the informative posts and viewing the pictures of everyone's layouts and models. After a long absence I've only been back into the hobby for just about a year now. I don't have much space so I'm working on a smallish 29"x 12' 4" switching layout based on the Norfolk Southern in HO scale. It started in DC but I've recently started using DCC ( Prodigy Express2) I must say this is a simple and easy system to use. Since I've only converted some of my locos. I've wired my system to be toggled between DC and DCC so I can use all my locos until I get a chance to convert all of them. I've just started to paint and ballast my track so I can start the scenery process soon. Cheers.

Attachments

• Overview 1.jpg
    Overview 1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Brewing Co..jpg
    Brewing Co..jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 168
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you're off to a pretty good start. What region of the country do you live in [assuming you're in the US]?

Hey there, I'm down here in Hampton Roads VA. CSX, NS country. I grew up with the C&O, Chessie System, not 25' from my backyard fence.

Attachments

• Grain Silo.jpg
    Grain Silo.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Control Panel.jpg
    Control Panel.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 157
Well, Lurk no more. Welcome. What you have may not be large, you can have a lot of switching sctivity on a small layout. Looking good.

Really looking good!
You've quite a collection there .. Must be some left over from before?
I like what you have done .. Keep up the good work.

Welcome Tim! There are all kinds of modelers here, from rank beginners, to folks with over 50 years experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. Remember that the only dumb question is the one never asked!

Hey there, all of my structures were built during the past year. They are mostly Walthers, Pikestuff, and Tichy Train with a few smaller wooden laser kits. The grain elevator building is walthers 933-3096, the large silos 933-2937. The smaller silos and elevator tower is Pikestuff.

Back