Lowering Bachmann On30 Freight Cars

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Hard to believe that I bought my first Bachmann On30 Wonderland Express train-set 20 years ago. Wow, twenty years ago.

Have a "what-I-did" about lowering the Bachmann On30 freight cars to eliminate the funky draft gear look.

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/lower_cars/

Engineer Bill is excited to be back on the net.

I know that lowering the cars has been done before. Never did it because most used the Bachmann On30 logging truck which is expensive and scarce. Found a really cheap On30 truck at Shapeways.

Speaking of time, been spouting my garbage on the internet for 15 years. Next March is the 15th anniversity of pacificcoastairlinerr.com. Have refreshed some of the "moving" stuff on the website to reflect On30 today.

https://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/

Thanks everyone who has visited
Harold

Last edited:

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
Looks good.

Maybe share with us which trucks you used. There are 75 pages of HO stuff, and the trucks I've come across so far ain't cheap.

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
The seller states they have a "slight grainy feel". Your photo, Harold, looks like the paint attacked the plastic and made it bubble. I really like the trucks, but would not want them if they look like they were constructed of Nerf.

The trucks look fine in regular operations.

The trucks in normal light look like the sandblast effect that the weathering crowd has done to rough up smooth delrin trucks.

Harold

Last edited:

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.