Looking for some help changing a layout plan.

I come across this layout plan (glass rock & eastern RR) from the model railraoder mag data base. It originally was shown in the april 2007 issue.

Sorry for the small pic, but the pdf is protected from copying, ect.. so this is the best i could do.

Its is 11' 6" wide & 10' 6" deep. One thing id like to do is make it 9' wide &
10' deep.

But my main point for the layout would be to move say the yard & get rid of some of the extra loops on the right hand side of the layout. to make room for a good sized town ect.. I would like to see dual tracks all the way around 2 run at least 2 trains at the same time. But even if it ended up being part of the layout that would be fine.

Would like to have at least a 22 radius for the outside track and 18-20 for the inside if plausable.

image.png

So any ideas on what could be taken out and or moved, heck or even added in, to make this layout have more to it other then just grass & trees. Also one thing id like to see is so a street, or even gravel road for automobiles can be ran from the one side of the layout to the other.

Once again sorry for the small pic, hopefully some of ya have access to the layout design or know of it.

There's no shortcut. You just have to pull out your copy of XtrkCAD and have at it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

thats what im thinking my self. Now im guessing its about time i finally sit down and figure out how to use it.

Im pretty set on this layout plan, maybe not so much the track work but at least the benchwork. It covers about the same amount of space as the last one i posted but more room, too run and add buildings, hills, ect....

There's a really good tutorial on the site. It'll take you sereral hours to get through it, but saves you a lot of time in the long run.

Back