Looking for decals, signs, interior photo for toy store

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

One of the stores in my town is a toy store, circa 1955. Has anyone found decals or other stick-ons for a toy store? Or a photo of a toy store interior that could be mounted inside the structure?

wombat457

Staff member
Only other thing I might suggest is see if you can take your own photo's of the walls in the store in your town and use them perhaps.

You could make a window display with a combination of photos of boxed toys and games reduced in size on your printer. If you're doing HO or O scale, smaller scale items like N or Z scale automobiles could be used as toy cars or modified into a child's pedal car. A pedal car could be displayed with a scale bicycle. Small scale planes from an aircraft carrier model kit work as model planes for a window display. a few tiny scraps of wood could be painted and lined up on a hand drawn track for a model train in a window display as well. Z scale figures could work as dolls in the window display. The thing with toys in any scale, is simply finding smaller scale examples that could look convincing as toys.

Thanks, Joe. I'll check that out, too.

I found a great toy store window on Google Images. I'm going to use that - will post a photo if I can ever remember to take a camera to the train room. Did some other roaming around Google Images and found several other vintage color photos of other businesses. In some cases I may use parts of two or more photos.

Thanks, Joe. I'll check that out, too.

I found a great toy store window on Google Images. I'm going to use that - will post a photo if I can ever remember to take a camera to the train room. Did some other roaming around Google Images and found several other vintage color photos of other businesses. In some cases I may use parts of two or more photos.
Many of my storefronts contain collages of several photos. Wonderful what can be done with a little computer manipulation.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com