Logan Valley

Always a great pleasure to see photos of your layout Chet!!! It has a picturesque quality and atmosphere that i really like!

Thanks for posting!
Yannis

Mike and Yannis, thanks for the comments. Edsland, the backdrop are Walther's Instant Horizons. I started using them around 20 years ago as they were just about the best available at the time. I had thought about getting some of the new photo backdrops, but I had tried to work the hard shell scenery into teh backdrop and needless to say, it probably wouldn't work out with the photo backdrops. I'll be posting some more photos soon.

Chet, I just went over some of my earlier photos I have posted here and see that I have never lost any photos. Of course I only started posting Photos on the 22nd of September of 2016.

I just went to the beginning of your thread here and see that photos are still showing up on the first page. Are you sure you've lost photos?

Mark, Bob did comment that then the forum was changed that it was probably the cause of the lost photos. I had a bunch of them that disappeared.

Moving onto the next town the train passes the switch backs up to the log loading ramp.

20181113_081020.jpg

20181113_081115.jpg

My layout, I'll load logs my way. After that the tracks pass over the Gallatin River into Gallatin Gateway.

20181122_100735.jpg

20181120_132543.jpg

The train is passing the passenger station. The Post Office is across the street from the Cafe. The school is to the left of the cafe. Next is the yard and engine facility.

20181120_132450.jpg

Here's the scratch built turntable gifted to my by my old friend Pete Ellis.

20181120_132159.jpg

Behind the passenger station is the freight station and the Meadowgold Dairy.

Misc trains 028.JPG

Misc trains 027.JPG

I'll post some more photos later.

Chet, Would you happen to have a track layout drawing for the Logan Valley you could take a photo of? Or, has one ever been posted that you could direct me to? It would be nice to see the shape of the whole thing!

Back