Logan Valley

I cannot remember, I am sure he mentioned it back somewhere?
I'm going to say that it was something in the Floquil line - and then again - I may be way off?
I agree with you - It is a really pretty color ... looks awesome!

I have some color blindness, my yellow can be someone else's green...
I knew someone who has that affliction. He bought a dark green car, had it for some time. I mentioned his dark green car once, he looked at me quizzically and said "Is it? I thought it was brown". No-one had ever mentioned it . So,.... how do you know Chet's engines are yellow?

I did see the question on my phone but hate to try to type on it. The color is reefer yellow. MicroScale decals were used for the striping on the pilots. Floquil is about all I used years ago.

thumbnail_20190824_171933.jpg

Its OK, this is fun.... But thanks for the heads up... They say that coffee shop is for the older guys..... So I'll stop in sometime.. I am getting pretty old Willie.. It's just fun to be nearly 60 and be able to call other modelers "The Old Guys" Ya gotta love this hobby my friend... it does attract the best of characters well ... characters anyway.... :cool:

I may be younger than you too....But 60 is a heck of a lot closer than 50....

But I still stop in for coffee and whatnot...

I just saw the classification lights on the hoods of the ALCO's in the last photograph that Chet posted of his LOGAN VALLEY railroad yard area. A great photograph. I was going to ask Chet about what color he used for the ALCO's but..

I did see the question on my phone but hate to try to type on it. The color is reefer yellow. MicroScale decals were used for the striping on the pilots. Floquil is about all I used years ago.

Chet's use of ground throws is making me reconsider using Tortoise switch machines in the new yard area and use ground throws instead. I like the Caboose Industries ground throws, may use the ones with the targets.

Thanks.

Greg

Greg - I try to use manual throws whenever possible. At the club, we have a few powered turnouts, but many are thrown using a finger. The sprunk Peco turnouts are excellent. Wish they were available in code 70 when I started my layout.

Back