Live from the USA, its Saturday Night Brass!!

malletman

Alcohaulic
Having some fun and got my meager brass collection out of the cupboard for a pic tonight. From left to right(Importer/Builder): Alco Models/Kumata EMD GP40 with upgraded trucks from Samhongsa and a Sagami can motor, Overland Models/Ajin EMD GP35, Overland Models/Rok Am L&ER(C&O G9) 2-8-0, Suydam/Orion Pacific Electric 1360 Combine, Suydam/Orion Pacific Electric Long Beach 12 painted by me, Suydam/Tsubomi North Shore Line coach(unpowered), Suydam/Tsubomi North Shore Line combine. Then along the front we have a Ken Kidder single truck Briney and a Lindsey cast brass EMD NW2. I hope to build a small portable traction layout that is lightweight enough to handle alone and not trash the functional overhead trolley wire set up. Right now I am building the portable Marklin layout I set the brass on for pics. it is to heavy weight wise to man handle if it had the trolley wire set up on it. Enjoy the pic and feel free to post up your brass model(s). Mike the Aspie
brasscollection.jpg

While its not Saturday night, here is some more brass to enjoy, OMI SD70 IC "Death Star", PFM DRGW caboose and a OMI NYC/NYS&W C430(for sale). I was going to sell the big SD, but I solved my problem of fitting 22" radius curves to handle a unit of this size. Its also much easier for me to railfan the old IC than a 14 hour trip one way or longer to see the Susquehanna in person. I do have a factory painted C430 on its way, but I will keep it around, just to darn pretty!

20190331-095752.jpg

20190331-095547.jpg

NYS-Wbrass.jpg

Back