Lionel Parts?

RW&C

N Scale with Stone Tools
A friend of mine was helping somebody move, and ended up with a box of Lionel bits. He had no use for it, so he gave it to me. I don't have heaps of use for it either but I don't believe in turning down free electrical/mechanical stuff, and besides, it came with a free box. :D

I can probably find a use for most of this stuff, but I'd rather not hack it to bits if somebody out there wants it for what it is. If you want anything here make me an offer, and if it covers packaging/postage, it's yours. (Shipping from 98840.)

Here's a single sheave brass pulley (with a setscrew), some sheet metal clippy things, some boxed-in clippy things (wire holders?), and some red wooden beams with brass hex nuts stuck in the bottom under the holes. The thing with the lever pushes a greasy little drum in and out, sort of like a ground throw or something. (Can you tell that I don't know much about Lionel?)

P1010002-14.png

Google Images says the black metal things in the middle are track connectors, and IIRC there's 40 of them. The woman's missing her feet, and the top of the handbag's long gone. The sideframe looks like HO to me, and it's detachable from the center bit.

P1010005-10.png

I'm guessing this was the top of a streetlamp. Plastic bottom, metal top, no cracks but some scratches.

P1010025-3.png

I think these were dummy boxcar loads? They're front-and-back printed on cardboard and actually look pretty good.

P1010028-4.png

P1010027-4.png

My best guess is that these came from visible gas pump models. The one on the left has a chunk missing from what I've got as the bottom. The one on the right is intact, which may be why the previous owner took the time to wrap it in paper. They're both plastic.

P1010026-5.png

I've also got these two big AC transformers, one K and one B. I've done a little testing with them and both seem to work, though I haven't tested all possible wiring combos (and I haven't tested with an actual Lionel train, because I don't have one). The K hums a little. The cords are in surprisingly good shape. One terminal bolt is missing. I'm inclined to use these as workbench power supplies, because they seem pretty gutsy.

P1010022-6.png

Connecty-whatsits? The one on the right is spring-loaded, and two have fahrenstock (or whatever they're called) wire clips. The thing on the left looks kind of busted.

P1010021-4.png

This is a model 077 crossing gate lifter, minus the gates obviously. I haven't tested the solenoid, and I wouldn't even know it was a crossing gate if I hadn't googled the part number.

P1010016-6.png

P1010020-6.png

Model 66 Whistle controller (granddaddy of DCC?) and a random little pushbutton. I haven't tested the button for continuity, and though I really can't test the controller, its guts look pristine.

P1010015-6.png

Here's a #89 flagpole, minus the flag. The wood finial was loose in the box so I stuck it back in. It doesn't look like the postwar 89's I saw when I google image searched it, so maybe it's prewar? :confused:

P1010014-10.png

This was some kind of semaphore, I'm guessing. It's a solenoid in a box that pushes a little wire about a quarter of an inch up and down. I'm guessing semaphore because I found this other bit with a red and a green lens. They might not go together, and neither has a part number, so what do I know.

P1010010-11.png

P1010012-8.png

P1010011-7.png

Here are three little signal heads. There are probably enough lenses remaining to do two of them up properly. Two are sort of an olive drab color, one's black, and none have any kind of base or bulb. (There are a few white ceramic bulb holders in the shot, but I don't think they went with these.)

P1010008-19.png

And to wrap up the questionable grab bag we have a big ratchet gear, two round plates (one with a keyway-cut center hole), an odd little copper thing, a goblet and a chrome- or nickel-plated pickaxe minus most of the plating.

P1010006-20.png

Again, I'm not terribly attached to this stuff, and I'd rather not hack it up if somebody's looking for it. Let me know if you're looking for any of this or if you know what the weird bits actually are. Either way, thanks for looking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionel Pre War Parts Flag pole

Do you still have the flag pole? I'm piecing together a flag pole plot and could use it, if you are interested in selling.
Thanks.

Back