Lionel Legacy Pennsylvania 2-10-4 J1A Steam Locomotive #6479

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Video by: PghTrainFanatic

All I have to say is...WOW. This is by far my favorite engine in my roster thus far! This baby is a beast and looks awesome pulling these correct time period War Bonds coal hoppers I recently got along with the caboose. Enjoy the video train friends! Make sure to watch until the very end! :) Don't cheat and skip either! LOL

History:
THE TEXAS-TYPE
This version of the 2-10-4 owes its design to the pooled efforts of the C&O, NKP, Erie and Pere Marquette railroads, which formed a group named the Advisory Mechanical Committee. This group's assignment was to design locomotives that best met the C&O's requirement to handle high tonnage. They developed a locomotive that could handle 160-car, 13,500-ton consists virtually single-handedly!

In 1942, the Pennsylvania Railroad, under increasing wartime pressure, desperately required new locomotive power to meet the nation's urgent needs. With government restrictions barring the design of new locomotives, the Pennsylvania Railroad went searching for an existing locomotive that met its requirements. PRR borrowed a C&O 2-10-4, put it to the test, and by December, the PRR's Altoona Shops had begun production of 125 of these landmark locomotives.

Tags:
6-11300 Lionel Legacy PRR Pennsy Pennsylvania j.1.a J1a 2-10-4 Texas type Steam locomotive engine # 6479 o scale standard O Gauge Fastrack Vision line train layout table setup display miniature railroad MTH DCS proto sound sounds 2.0 3.0 3 ho N Z G Scale Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Industrial Railroad Nick Norfolk southern Conrail P&LE B&LE UP union pacific C&O Erie Nickel Plate Road Steam chest cylinder smoke.

[YOUTUBE]mG0SamJxs5E[/YOUTUBE]

Back