Lionel Games / Club competition concepts

GG14life

An interesting concept I came up with last year and sent to Lionels head office. Never hearding anything about it, so I figured I'd post it and see what you guys think of the idea. I'm not planning on running/setting/organizing I'm just a small collector. I do however have a background in product design, and after visiting the springfield, MA train show, I noticed people sitting around watching layouts..and that is when I came up with the concept of the Lionel Games...see images attached. These are only a few of the events you could run..I'm sure once you see these...your "WHEELS" will start turning with all kinds of events like Tug-a-war, tractor pull, train yard skills..etc.. Have fun with the content:) Sorry for spelling errors in these images.

Lionel_Cover.jpg

Lionel_timedskillschallegeword.jpg

Lionel_timedskillschallenge.jpg

Lionel_figure8.jpg

Lionel_figureraceword.jpg

Lionel_loop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one I like is the first one with timed task etc. All others following are poor thoughts in my opinion. The reason being is that trains are really not meant for racing, crashing or doing trick stunts. Although power pulling a number of cars on level or grade is one per you "tractor pull" comment tha could be fun. Most of us would frown on doing any damage to the train doing "stunts".

If these are things that will done at a train show, I'm sure the general public would find them interesting. Most model railroaders might think they are hokey but the public likes hokey and it would be more fun than watching trains go round and round.

Hmmmmmmm, A brushless RC O scale train! I could be talked into it, I got's the spare RC stuff for the speed cats! :D :D How about a ABA set hitting a real 55MPH!:eek: That's a high possiblity for me;) ! Power pull Hmmmmmmmmm! Like the Idea.........

Back