Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

DakotaLove39

Always Improvising
I got ahold of three Bowser kits for Milwaukee Road wood chip hoppers. The cars are solid, and if not heavily detailed should be easy for anyone to super-detailed. The really interesting part is that Bowser supplies plastic wood chip loads for these cars.

And of course they are boring and flat-looking, painted one simple sandy color. That just won't do for me, so I dug out my razor saw and I took it to a maple stick from my front yard and made some sawdust. When I had enough, I brushed some watered down wood glue on the plastic loads and dusted them. Allow that to set up for a while (maybe about 15 mins) and then cover the whole thing with another round of watered down wood glue.
IMG_20181014_111247570.jpg
When finished, the loads look pretty good and are also pretty durable.
IMG_20181024_223905904.jpg

(Unfortunately this car has broken a truck after it fell off a counter. Atleast it was in its box and avoided further damage.)
WoodChipHoppers1.jpg

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com