Layout design about railway station

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

D

DragonLee

hi everybody, I'm just studying operations management. I'm so interested in layout design about railway station. does anybody hv any ideas about that? Actually, I'm writing an essay about layout design and i also wanna take a example about layout design of railway station or things like that. help some1 can help me, anyway, cheers.

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
Welcome to the forums, DragonLee. Your question is interesting to me also, so I did a Google search using "railway station + design" and came up with some good hits, including some books on the subject that you might find in your local library. I hope you get an A on the essay!

D

DragonLee

haha, I just came in university of the UK and my mother tongue is not english, so quite hard for me... but i hv to try my best i just think......thanx alot anyway.

M

mattwillsmith

Hello,
I like the look of a busy station with two lines coming in, one for both directions. I know our local (real life) staion has two lines with a waiting area between them. There is a tunnel underneath the tracks that allows you to get to this waiting area. Right before the station is also some siding track, which is a great idea, if you would like to store (display) some extra cars.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com