Kit-Bashing of buildings, Contest announced!!!

Mark ... Many thanks ... There were some excellent models that in my opinion were more deserving. So, I'm a bit embarrassed to win. ... Garry

Congrats to Garry with two r's from Gary with one. Well deserved. I've been impressed with your modeling and layout since I first saw it some years ago now.
Again, thanks Mark for sponsoring this contest.

Per Sirfoldalot: "Were participation trophies awarded?" :p

Absatootely!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was impressed with the quality of the entries; however, disappointed with the fact that there where only 8 entries, considering that the contest ran for 38 days. Some of you might think this was an inadequate length of time for a contest. However, I figured (incorrectly) that people should have had many Kit-Bashed structures on their layouts already built that they could of entered. No where in my rules for this contest, did I say that a structure needed to be built specifically for the contest. This is pretty much how it turned out. The vast majority of the entries where existing structures on people's layouts. Only Chet's Freight House was a structure in the process of being built.

The above leads me to believe that people don't Kit-Bash models for their layouts. Similar to how I believe people don't build kits of anything for their layouts anymore. So, it's my opinion that the Kit-Building (Modeling) portion of this hobby, has pretty much been removed from the hobby! I would guess that most would think this is good for the hobby as no skills are required!

So, thank you to those who entered the contest, showing off their "Modeling" capabilities to all, we are a dying bread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, congrats Gary. Very good modeling skills and attention to detail.
Now ya have to pay the taxes on your winning too.

Back