Keeping busy at home.

CGW121

How are you passing the time at home? Cant go out, nothing is open. I am involved ballasting tracks that I have put off for a while, maybe 2 years, and putting on new wheel sets on card that have plastic. So what keeps you busy now?

How are you passing the time at home? Cant go out, nothing is open. I am involved ballasting tracks that I have put off for a while, maybe 2 years, and putting on new wheel sets on card that have plastic. So what keeps you busy now?

Well I do have my Gibson SG.

swal_SG.jpg

I'm working from home. One of the benefits(?) of being in IT is I can do most of my work anywhere there is an internet connection.

So far the wife and I have cleaned out the pantry, re-arranged the spices, painted some trim, started tuck-pointing in the basement...

And I'm working on the layout.

I'm working from home. One of the benefits(?) of being in IT is I can do most of my work anywhere there is an internet connection.

Right? As I posted elsewhere, I've leased servers for years and once again, I bought one without a clue where it was located. It's in Provo, UT, but as far as I'm concerned, it's in my home office.

I recall talking to PEER 1, and saying "I'm in the Atlanta Data Center" and they were like "No, when you upgraded last time, you were moved to Miami". I had no clue, LOL.

We were hosted with a company out of Vancouver, BC for a while. Great service, and the pricing was good due to the exchange rate. I don't think the data packets had to show their tiny passports on the way in and out, so it was nice and fast. I'd still be there, but they got bought out and the new guys wanted out of the small server biz. They accomplished that by making the prices unattractive as hell.

Do you find yourself putting in more hours now that before. My Wife is working from home, and she is working now more than ever!

While like twforeman, I'm in IT, but part of my job is also desktop support, which based on what we have in place is difficult to do from my home as being cheap has led me to have insufficient bandwidth to be able to do a lot from home. There are 2 other internet providers, one I refuse to do business with and the other has a 6 week lead time at this point and expect it to be delayed further once the shutdown takes place, so...I go to work and so far I'm a couple of hours ahead of where I should be at this point.

Working every other day, days off are working on train projects till the weather breaks and do some outside stuff. Lots of paint and decaling, did some wheel changing from plastic to metal and of course weathering. Working on some gondola loads to break up the monotony.
IMG_3250.jpg

Working on some rolling stock I picked at the last couple of shows. One is getting A-Line drop steps, the other two are paint and decal jobs. "Fixing" RR show finds is one of my favorite parts of model railroading. 🤞🤞

I will be adding some shelving above my work bench and a light. May take work bench down and put a new top that is a little bigger in dimensions. Will post tomorrow when done.

I have been teaching from home. I am a middle school and high school band director, so it has been days of on line lessons.

Also have been riding my mountain bike/BMX bike; playing my drums and bass; working on next years marching band show; sorting sports cards..

...and now I get to go through all of the old train set stuff from my dad and grandfathers layouts that was stored at my parents house. They are moving, and mom wanted to dump all the old train stuff....no....freakin....way!!!

My grandfather started HO model railroading in the 1920's, and was serious into it until the 70's... there are TONS of hand built, and decorated balsa wood buildings; a full American Flyer set from the 40's I think...I just got all of the stuff to the house tonight, so the rummaging and cataloging will resume here in the next few weeks. Also got all of my stuff from the 70's and 80's as well...

My grandfather started HO model railroading in the 1920's, and was serious into it until the 70's... there are TONS of hand built, and decorated balsa wood buildings; a full American Flyer set from the 40's I think...I just got all of the stuff to the house tonight, so the rummaging and cataloging will resume here in the next few weeks. Also got all of my stuff from the 70's and 80's as well...

Neat. I look forward to seeing pictures of the treasures.

I have been teaching from home. I am a middle school and high school band director, so it has been days of on line lessons.

Also have been riding my mountain bike/BMX bike; playing my drums and bass; working on next years marching band show; sorting sports cards..

...and now I get to go through all of the old train set stuff from my dad and grandfathers layouts that was stored at my parents house. They are moving, and mom wanted to dump all the old train stuff....no....freakin....way!!!

Anything you wish to sell, make sure to post it here first.
I'm stuck at home for the third week in a row. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to go back to work.

Back