kato bumpers

boxcar

has any one had experience with the new kato n scale illuminated track bumpers, when tried on #4 tunout it flashes ounce when thrown, it say power routing mode only on package ,do I have to switch somthing

Which package says "power routing mode only"? The package of the bumper or the turnout?

My guess is the turnout. A power routing turnout will only put power onto the track that the points are switched to. So assuming that is the scenario you have, and that you want the bumper light to be on all the time, then an extra power feed will have to be added to that spur on the rail coming from the point of the turnout.

this are new, thought I would try one on a dead end siding, using #4 turnout, and when switch is thrown bumper flashes but dose not stay on when switched to siding, the lighted bumper package says for non power routing only do I switch screws on bottom of turnout

this are new, thought I would try one on a dead end siding, using #4 turnout, and when switch is thrown bumper flashes but dose not stay on when switched to siding, the lighted bumper package says for non power routing only do I switch screws on bottom of turnout
Hmmm, interesting. I would have expected it to stay on as long as it was switched to the siding. We need someone to comment whom actually uses Kato Uni-track.

Back