Just published my first book!!!!! Check it out!

RRShutterbug

The Railroad Shutterbug
Hey guys & gals,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this....

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm excited to announce the publication of my first book!!!!! It's called 'Trackside: Images of a Railroad Shutterbug' and is a photo-journal style book that documents many of the trains I've photographed over the past few years. It includes short stories and narratives that tell about the magic of the endless steel rails.

The book is 80 pages, hard-cover, with 86 color photos and is now available for order. Check it out! The link below shows the book, order info, and a 15 page pre-view.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/371979

Thank you for checking it out! I look forward to hearing feedback (good or bad)!

Cheers,

Brian R. Sopke
aka - RRShutterbug

Very nice looking book and nice pics from what I can see on the preview. My only concern is that $50 for an 80 page book is going to be a tough sell in these times. $50 seems to be a resistance point for a lot of people. I don't know what your margin is but even $44.95 sounds a lot cheaper than $49.95. All psychological, I know, but I suspect sellers are going to be scrambling for scarce consumer dollars for a long time to come.

Jim - thanks for the input. As for price, I'm barely making anything for the margin - as in maybe a couple bucks per book.

Back