Just a thought (poof)

I am new here, but have been lurking for quite some time now. Anyways, the idea is to start a give-away or donations forum kinda similar to the one at archerytalk.com . Its been alot of fun giving excess items away to people who can use and or need them. Mind you its not for people who just want-or resell, but actually need. I know this is a hard one to monitor, but most people in general keep themselves in check and honest. But there seems there could be a place like that here. I have several items that could be donated for a good cause and fun in general. Anyways just throwing the idea out there.

Another item I forgot to mention was that the manufacturers got involved and gave away a new product by means of a simple contest and promoted their products at the same time. Now I'm not sure how it was done, but it was a great idea that seemed to work well.

I'm not sure how you'd monitor this although I like the idea. I have a few extra power packs, a bunch of track, and some other MR items I'll never use and wouldn't mind donating them to someone else who did need them.

Most of the time it was self monitered. The people in general just have to be honest and not let greed interfear. Most of the items are given away by means of a harmless contest. Such as a random number or the trivia type question. For example: I have a piece of rolling stock(description)I am giving away to anyone who might NEED it. I have already preselected a # and I will be giving it away in 5 days. Everyone who posts on the thread is entered in the drawing. The post that matches my # is awarded the item. Or can use random # based on the number of posts.

Back